I read an average of over 75 books per year in a wide range of non-fiction and fiction genres. I choose a reading theme each year. This year’s reading theme for me has been self-growth and self-care. Last year’s reading theme was female authors. Next year’s reading theme will be works translated into English from non-Western authors.
I’m also an avid reader and subscriber of four magazines: the New Yorker, Scientific American, The Economist and Foreign Affairs.
Sunday Morning Link Salad
On Sunday mornings I post a curated series of articles gleaned from The Browser, Aeon, Brain Pickings, Longreads, and a variety of other sites to my followers on Facebook and Twitter. I call it “Sunday Morning Link Salad.” As of Sept 2016 I have 83 followers and I look forward to hitting 100.
I participate weekly as an anchor on a local trivia team – there are very few geography and geopolitical questions that I cannot answer and I get every spelling question correct.
I belong in a graduate studies program of some sort but I am still working on my Bachelor’s degree, which has six courses left to go. My professional career has often come first, before the degree, because I was able to perform and succeed so quickly and effectively for customers in the business world.
My friends in graduate programs call me for edits to their papers. They also call me to help them through the qualitative and quantitive statistics courses – I am self-taught in statistics because I love the analysis that numbers offer.
List of Things
- Bachelor of General Studies, Charter Oak State College in New Britain, CT
Projected graduation date: May 2017, Degree Expected: BA
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, April 2016
- Global Learning Partners, Foundations of Dialogue Education, 2011
- Walt Disney Travel Company Consultative Sales Training, 2005
- Earned Certified Technical Trainer designation in 1998
- Powerful Team-Building and Coaching Skills for Managers (Rockhurst College)
- Advanced Problem Solving for Teams (Hartford Graduate Center)